DALLASITES 101 Summer Fiesta – Success!
Getting Connected to the Social Scene in Dallas, Texas
If you’re new to the Dallas area, or just looking for a great new way to get plugged in to the social scene, Dallasites 101 should be added to your latest favorites list. We partnered with Dallasites 101 last weekend for their annual Summer Fiesta at The Grove at Harwood. If you weren’t able to join us, take a look through these photos and vendors to catch what you missed!
The Grove at Harwood is an outdoor oasis in the Harwood district of Dallas, Texas and the perfect location for a Summer Fiesta! It is brimming with sunny, social activities for the spring and summer seasons and loaded with picnic tables, volleyball courts, corn-hole games, taco trucks and cocktails. There is something for everyone at The Grove, including your friendly pups!
The Summer Fiesta was a huge success, and we attribute that to the incredible Dallas vendors that showed up to create the perfect atmosphere (and a huge shout-out to the beautiful Texas weather).
We picked our Top 11 favorite local vendors and listed them below… Check them out!
1. Just Hit Send: No time to shop for the perfect gift? D Magazine quotes that Just Hit Send creates “gifts you actually want to give (and get)” and we are in total agreement! The perfect gift takes time, and this Dallas company has created a unique and special way to give (and receive) the perfect package! They carefully select brand-name items into thoughtful packages and send them to your loved ones for you. Thank you for taking the stress out of giving!
2. Cotton Smith: The party really doesn’t start until the cotton candy arrives. For us, that cotton candy has to be from Mandi, the cute little blonde behind the The Cotton Smith business. Mandi will bring joy to any party or occasion with her award-winning smile and demeanor, but the cherry on top is in the sugary fluff from the cotton candy cart. These handcrafted treats made with organic cane sugar and natural flavors from coconut watermelon to mango chili are a dream come true!
3. Jack Mason: For high-quality watches and leather goods hand-designed in Texas, keep your eyes peeled for the Jack Mason airstream! We fell in love with their beautifully bound leather wallets and watches, and we know you will too.
4. LucyBDesignCo: Lucy is a Dallas based doggie designer that can be found at local events and on her online store on Etsy. These adorable hand-made bandanas and collars will certainly make your dog the talk of the dog park. From anchors to stars and whales to watermelon slices, the designs are endless. Spoil your pup with Lucy B. Designs!
5. Hari Mari: For our flip flop enthusiasts! Hari Mari is committed to simplicity and comfort by making the perfect flip flops. We love the product, but love even more the fact that this company is committed to donating a portion of their sales to support children battling cancer with medicine costs, treatment plans and hospital bills. We love Hari Mari!
6. Harper & Tucker: This adorable blonde duo (and their adorable blonde doggies named Harper & Tucker) landed their clothing boutique right in the heart of Dallas, Texas. You can shop online or in store for dresses, rompers, tops, bottoms and kimonos–or have your shopping done for you through their one-on-one styling and personal shopping services. Be sure to say hi to Harper and Tucker!
7. MiniLuxe: Looking for some pre-summer body pampering? MiniLuxe offers manicures, pedicures, brow shaping, and waxing. They take clean to the next level from hygiene to business etiquette–and we love clean!
8. Frisky Britches: Frisky Britches offers a new way to get your panties! By signing up for a monthly membership, cute new panties will be delivered right to your door! This is also a great way to give a unique gift to a special friend. Get or give frisky this month!
9. Mango and Mandala Henna: Not committed enough to get a tattoo? Try henna! This Asian-based art form can be applied anywhere on the body, and is a perfect accessory for any wedding, celebration or special event!
10. Joy Macarons: Last, but certainly not least–pure joy has finally been found. Handcrafted French macarons have been filled with creamy ice cream to create the perfect Ice Cream Sammy with flavors ranging from dark chocolate to honey lavender. A perfect treat for a perfect summer day!
11. Outdoor Voices: With the slogan, “Friends who sweat together, stay together,” this local Dallas athletic clothing line has quickly raised the pulse of the Dallas active community. Whatever your recreational preference, Outdoor Voices has just what you need. We love the heart of this company to thrive on community and the excellence of their product. Just visit their shop to see for yourself!
It wouldn’t be a true fiesta without live music, and Northern National was exactly what we needed. This alternative band brought a perfect acoustic set for an outdoor casual picnic performance. They offer a southern vibe to alternative music and have played alongside Andy Grammar, Echosmith, Mat Kearney and JohnnySwim. Book them now for your next event, or check out their future tour dates!
If this event sounds like something you would have enjoyed, check out some of these other Dallas locations with similar, summer vibes! They’re dog-friendly and social-ready!
Mutts Canine Cantina
Katy Trail Ice House